Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Night out at the Moxie



The restaurant scene in Montreal continues to impress during this cold winter season. So my first restaurant steak was a success at Vieux-Port Steakhouse during Happening Gourmand, so when I saw the menu at Moxies the steak was at the top of my list.

I've heard about Moxies for a while now, the restaurant that was close but not close enough to Montreal being in Ontario but now Moxies has come to downtown Montreal and I had to give it a try. What better night than Valentine's Day with my sweet thing partner in crime MBT. 

One of the things Moxies has going for them right now is the daily drink features, including half price bottle of wine on Wednesday nights among other specials during the week. This will prove to be a great attraction come summer time when more people will be milling about downtown Montreal on those hot summer nights. 



My dinner selection at Moxies was the sirloin steak plate. This plate included french fries, string beans and sweet potatoes. For the french fries, Moxies has this wonderful spicy mayo dip that I had to try and as someone who loves french fries I garuantee you will like the way Moxies does their fries. The spicy mayo dip has a great taste to it and don't worry it is not that spicy that you won't enjoy it. As for the steak itself I was very impressed with it and yes I probably could have, should sprung for another one. Not too red inside the steak and not to dry either, it was just right and was a great meal all together. For the service, the waiters/waitresses very nice and engaging at times and was that manager himself giving out Valentine Day drink coupons for wine? It might have been, either way the service was very good. The atmosphere was great as well, television screens at almost all angles and someone seemed to put in some nice R&B grooves just for me..... Ok maybe not but when your jammin' to beats instead of eating then Moxies was doing something right. 

All in all it was a great night out and a definite thumbs up. 

Score: 4/5 

No comments:

Post a Comment